Millicent (cross stitch) #4183A
- Intermediate I Skill level
Millicent is the fourth design in the Glendon Place Baroque Beauties Collection. Baroque was a period of artistic style from 1600 to about 1750 that used exaggerated motion and clear, easily interpreted detail to produce drama, tension, exuberance, and grandeur in artwork. Consequently, these floral designs do not look like traditional flowers, but are intentionally much more ornate and use embellishments of metallic threads, beads, and crystal treasures. Stitch count is 129 x 205 with a design size of 9.25" x 14.75"" on 28-count fabric over two threads.
- Supplies required:
- 28-count Tycho Cashel from Picture This Plus, Tycho is gray smudges on Cream Cashel; suggested substitute is 28-count Cream Cashel (3281-222)
- DMC Floss: 597, 598, 895, 3347, 3348, 3779, 3809, 3858, 3859, 746 with Sullivans and Anchor substitutions
- Kreinik #4 Braid: 015 x 2, 021 x 2, 3506
- Mill Hill Beads: 0143, 2089, 3039; Treasures: 13008 x 4, 13055