This was popular! Unfortunately, we are currently sold out of Heirloom Sampler Club - Fan. Please check back later, or add your e-mail to the waitlist to be notified when it is available again.
Would you like a wonderful way to learn needle weaving and needle-lace all in one piece? I would recommend the Heirloom Fan Sampler. Over 25 years ago Linda Driskell started to design annual heirloom samplers. Each sampler is filled with pulled and drawn thread motifs with specialty stitches contained in twelve lessons. Nordic Needle is excited to be able to bring you her 1999 Heirloom Fan Sampler. The finished size of the sampler will be approximately 10" x 22". Linda has defined each band as follows:
- Band 1: Whitework fan with long stem roses
- Band 2: Drawn thread with herringbone filling stitches
- Band 3: Hearts in Eskimo stitch variation
- Band 4: Hardanger motifs with needle weaving
- Band 5: Band of tall fan stitch variations with triple crossed rice stitches
- Band 6: Maltese Cross plus your initials
- Band 7: Pulled thread band with Ruskin Lace foundation
- Band 8: Narrow Van Dyke band with lacy edge of reverse Cashmere variation
- Band 9: Checker stitch stylized hearts
- Band 10: Band of trees in leaf, fishbone, and tall fan stitch variations
- Band 11: Drawn thread with needle weaving in diagonal rows
- Band 12: Pulled thread fans
What's Included 25-count Dublin linen fabric, pearl cottons, needles, and instructions.