Heirloom Sampler in Year 1994 (downloadable PDF) #HSIAY94-D
- Intermediate Skill level
- ~12" x ~25"
This is a downloadable pattern and is not eligible for returns and must be purchased separately from regular stock items. To view this pattern you will need an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) viewer.
An Heirloom is something that is passed down through generations. Stitched heirlooms are especially special because the owner knows someone lovingly created the piece. Over 25 years ago Linda Driskell started to design annual heirloom samplers. Each sampler is filled with specialty stitches with twelve lessons. Nordic Needle is excited to be able to bring you her 1994 Heirloom Sampler, that we are calling Hearts and Butterflies. 63 pages.
Linda has defined each band as follows:
- Band 1: Pulled thread butterfly with flowers of counted surface embroidery.
- Band 2: Lacy hearts with hemstitch borders with overcast fillings.
- Band 3: Double rows of satin stitch with open diamonds filled with lazy daisies. Openwork band of double, four sided stitch.
- Band 4: Hardanger motifs with needleweaving, picots, buttonhole stitch and woven flowers.
- Band 5: Queen stitch berries with Smyrna cross stitch stems and leaves. Borders of long arm cross and sheaf stitches.
- Band 6: Drawn thread border of straight hemstitch, coral knot festoons, and woven diamonds.
- Band 7: Couching, detached chain flowers, and Smyrna cross alphabet.
- Band 8: Borders of pulled stitch variation, with trees in rounded sheaf stitch.
- Band 9: Drawn thread border of straight hemstitch, variation of concealed zig zag (serpentine) coral knots with two festoon trips, and satin stitch borders.
- Band 10: Bullion stitch flowers with back stitch stems and leaves.
- Band 11: Checker (Chequer) stitch bands with raised Maltese cross bordered by padded oblong cross.
- Band 12: Small pulled thread butterflies.
Create your own heirloom sampler with Linda's detailed instructions.